Followers

Friday 26 February 2016

SIMPLE IS BEAUTIFUL

HELLO.....

I am really excited to share with you a fantastic news with all my blogger friends and crafters. I have been selected as one of the semi finalists for the Heartfelt Creations design team.
This is indeed a very happy news for me and why not !!! I have been working really hard to bring out the best from this brand.

Heartfelt Creations is one of the leading craft brand in the world and their stamps and dies are really beautiful, giving us a wide variety to work for our projects.
Be it flowers or scrapbooks, cards or altered art, any project, if adorned with Heartfelt flowers, bring out their beauty immensely. This is one reason I love working with Heartfelt Creations.
Over these days , you have seen many projects of mine with heavily layered flowers, neckpieces-----yes!!! they can be used on jewellery too !!!!! Layered 3D cards and layouts all look beautiful with these flowers.... BUT......... these stamps and dies can be cleverly used to make some quick cas cards too.
CAS CARDS !!!! WITH HEARTFELT CREATIONS !!!!! you must be think , I'm kidding.
No dear friends, I am not ... here are few cards that I made that are Simplicity personified.
They are classy simple cards yet they look beautiful. Now CAS cards are certainly not in my comfort zone. Actually, truyly speaking, CAS CARDS SCARE ME !!!!! I find them extremely difficult to visualize. But then as a versatile crafter, I took it as a challenge. SO ..... over the next few days , I will be focussing on CAS cards with Heartfelt Creations.
NOW I AM NO CAS QUEEN  !!!! So please excuse me, if I do not follow rules of cas card making.
I hope you will like my simple creations and help me to make more of these.

Today, I took the new release-The Sunrise Lily collection. and used it to make three CAS cards.
Please have a look .




In this card, I have stamped the image from Sunrise Lily Swirls cling stamp set with Versamark Embossing pad  and heat set it with White Embossing powder from American Crafts. Then I added some texture by using the stencil Stripes by Tim Holtz and Rangers Texture Paste.
Then I distressed the entire card front with Worn lipstick and Candied Apple Distress inks. And then, I spritzed some water on top with a mister and let it dry. Then sentiment is from Sunrise 'lily wishes stamp set. Then I adhered this piece on to my card front. And finally I used some Wink of Stella clear Glitter pen to add some shimmer and finished it off with sequins from my stash. And my first CAS card is ready.



Now on to my second card.

For this card, I stamped the image with Sunrise Lily Swirl stamp on to the left side of the card turning it at various angles , with Archival Jet Black ink pad.
Then , I took a 4 mm black strip of cardstock and adhered it to the left side leaving 1 inch from the side. Then , I watercoloured the image that was seen on the right side of the strip to add some colour and break the monotony of the card. Finished it off, with some speckled dots with my Zig marker.
and finally heat embossed the sentiment with black embossing powder. Sentiment is from Sunrise Lily flute stamp set.


And finally for my last card, I cut out the vase and lily bunch image from the Sunrise Lily paper pad and did fussy cutting. Then layered two images together to give it a 3D look. The base of the lily vase is distressed with Hickory Smoke and Pumice Stone distress inks. Sentiment if from Sunrise Lily Flute stamp set and heat set it with black embossing powder.

So I do hope my cards fit into the CAS category. I do believe they are clean and simple so I guess, I have done justice to this.

All the products are readily available at the Crafters Corner. Just click on the product name described above to go to that group in the store.

DO HOP ON TO THE HEARTFELT CREATIONS BLOG AND CLICK ON THE VOTING FORM AND VOTE FOR ME IF YOU LIKE MY WORK.
You can see my work on my blog http://craftingforever-anita.blogspot.in/
Please follow us here and on my blog and do leave some words of inspiration . I really, really get inspired by your good words.
Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. Each of your cards is stunningly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are chosen for the Heartfelt Designer Team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is called out of the box work ....keep it up Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is called out of the box work ....keep it up Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gr8 work Anita.... you inspire me too....congrats and more to come...god bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, all are pretty :) each unique n beautiful in their own way :)

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you !